Friday, October 9, 2009

Thrifty English Queen.


Take a look at the lovely and talented Arlene Guerra's blog, Thrifty English Queen, for her insights on fashion, art, and culture. 

Her Story:

"I’ve been a freelance fashion stylist for the last 9 plus years and an accessory designer since 2005. Shopping for vintage is second nature for me. I allow my intuitive fashion radar to lead the way. This usually involves an adrenaline rush from scoring a vintage version that looks and acts like it’s fresh from the runway. Not that it always needs to work this way, but it’s a challenge to find something that sparks a familiarity to what is current but at the same time original. I’d like to share this with you."

Her work:

Life Imitating Art

Oscar Wilde once said “Life imitates art far more than art imitates Life.” More than a coincidence, synchronicity, collective unconscious, what is it???? After viewing the Spring 2010 Louis Vuitton show I couldn’t help but exclaim, shut it! All I know is that Marc Jacobs needs this artwork in his residence, office or perhaps a collaboration. My talented friend ,artist Martha Rich painted this amazing piece called Lemon Fresh Pretty. Check out more of Martha’s work at www.martharich.com she rocks!

Lemon Fresh Pretty by Martha Rich

Lemon Fresh Pretty by Martha Rich



xoxo COUNCIL

life imitating art (image style.com)

life imitating art (image style.com)